Sunday, December 13, 2009

Getting Ready for Christmas!

Last Saturday, we went out to get the 'ole family Christmas tree. What a silly tradition! Let's get bundled up, go out in the 17 degree weather and cut down a tree to bring in our house only to have it be a foot too tall! But I wouldn't change it for the world. This year we went with Mom and Dad. Dad got to sit in the nice warm car with Mason while Mom, Mike and I forged through the elements to find the trees. Luckily we had a chainsaw...unluckily, it broke. Poor Mike had to use a handsaw.

Mason is all bundled up and ready to go! He has a little truck with a Christmas tree in it on his shirt. It was so cute!





Mason came out to look at the trees for a bit, but it was way to cold so he sat in the truck with Dad.


We came back to the car to find this! Maso sucking on the steering wheel of Dad's truck...gross!




The second picture isn't very clear, but I just wanted to show how big our tree is. Our ceilings are 9 feet and the tree is like 9'2"! We had to lop the top off just a bit (and that was after Mike had cut a half foot off the bottom).



Here's Mason playing under the Christmas tree at Mom's house. Good thing he wasn't under there when it fell over, huh Mom?!! While Mom and Mason were at the mall and Dad was home for lunch last Thursday, the tree took a tumble! Oops!

1 comment:

Aaron Buckendorf said...

Haha...I love it! Thanks for posting more pictures. I feel like I haven't seen the little guy forever!
Amanda