Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009

We had a wonderful Christmas this year! The week started off a little rocky. Friday night I came down with a cold and spent Saturday and Sunday in bed. I was planning on using those days to get ready for Christmas Eve, wrapping presents and doing last minute Christmas things. So that was a bummer. On Sunday night, Mason cried for hours and hours and hours! The next morning his first little tooth made an appearance! Today you can see the little ridges and the one next to it is coming up also. Monday, Mason also came down with a cold. He seemed ok during the days, but Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights were no fun! One night he even slept in his swing all night. Laying him down seemed to make things worse.

Luckily by Thursday, things were turning around and we were able to have a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We spent Christmas Eve at our house and Mike's family stayed the night. I was a little too busy all night to get the camera out so I don't have a single picture! Mike's sister, Danielle, and her kids all stayed the night and then we got up in the morning to open presents at Brock's house. From there we headed to mom and dad's for Christmas dinner. We showed up in pj's, changed into real clothes and then after our meal at 1, we all changed back into pj's. It was great! Mike and I spent the better part of the day (about 5 hours) putting together the K'nex roller coaster set from Costco. Last year Mike had mentioned he wanted something to put together on Christmas. I'm not sure what he'll say about next year! By about 8:00 I could barely see because we had been studying the instructions for so long and my fingers were numb from pushing the little pieces together. It was awesome, though! Seriously, cool! The next morning, Mason let us sleep in until 9! We played with all his new toys and then we took about a two hour nap. I didn't even shower until 3 in the afternoon. It was perfect!



Enjoy the Christmas phots!
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Christmas 2009
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

1 comment:

Chris Steele said...

Urg--I'm definitely not jealous of the start to your week. Mason is adorable! He seems to be getting so much hair, too. What a cutie.